Sunday, April 6, 2008

Mr. Independent

So Gavin has changed. I know, you wouldn’t think that in the two weeks that he has been three years old that he has changed… But he is starting to act like a mini-teenager. He is quite defiant all of a sudden, and everything I ask him to do he either says no or disagrees with me on whatever I say to him. He is hit and miss with potty training, and doing a lot better but not anxious to be all there yet. And he wants to do everything himself. He has been saying prayers all by himself for two weeks, with no help on words from us. (I must say, they are very cute prayers!) And he must always pick out his own clothes, especially the pants. His favorite are these khaki-green pants, he much prefers those over blue jeans. And if I pick out the shirt, it’s not good enough, he has to find a different one. Well, I miss my “Agreeable Gavin,” but I think this is just a phase and he might come back in a few months to a year… as for now, I hope we can let Gavin grow and gain his independence in his own way. (I just hope he can stop yelling at us all!)

Gavin was trying to put on his pajamas by himself tonight, and insisted the pants were supposed to go on his head, but struggled to find the head hole for quite a while! (It was really amusing to watch.)

1 comments:

Angie said...

growing up can be so hard, espescially for us moms.