Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mani’s and Pedi’s

Lexie is a girly-girl, and that means pink and purple, wearing jewelry, and getting her nails done. She is always asking me to paint her fingernails. I am really bad at doing that myself, and only manage to paint my toenails every great once in a while. But Lexie loves how pretty painted fingernails are, so today we had a nail-painting party. I went all out…and an hour later she had fabulous pink, white, and purple striped fingernails with flower decals. She has been showing them off everywhere and she even had to call her grandparents and let them know (especially Grandma Berhold, as she bought the flower decals for Lexie.) Of course, we had to email the grandparents pictures!
Gavin is not one to want to be left out, and so for the hour I was painting Lexie’s nails, he asked for his to be done. I kept saying that nail painting is for girls, but he kept insisting. So I painted both his big toenails red (much to Danny’s chagrin.) Today he also chose a Little Mermaid sippy cup for the day! He is definitely not a girly-boy, but he is subjected to his older sister’s world of princesses and fairies and all this feminine, so I guess he likes some of it! He does, however, run around with Lexie’s Cinderella wand and point it at people and say “Bibb-i-ee, bobb-a-ee, boo! I phoot you!” and pretends it’s a gun. So much for feminine influences!

0 comments: