The binoculars came on Thursday. Yes, it was a celebrated event. I ordered the birthday party paper goods and party favors for both Lexie and Gavin’s birthday parties, and Gavin was jumping for joy that he finally got “blue ‘noculars.” Ever since he played with his friend Ethan and discovered binoculars, he has been asking for some of his own. Blue ones, of course. Blue is the best color, the only color, things should be in Gavin’s world. He has specified that every item on his birthday list should be that way: “I want blue ‘noculars, and a blue shooting gun, and a blue shooter [scooter,] and a blue trumpet…you can go to the blue store and get them for me.” He is convinced that all things blue can be found at a single store: a blue one. It’s so cute how he speaks. His family and friends have all seemed to comment lately on how well and how clearly Gavin is speaking now. They can understand all of his words, and he is constantly working on his clarity. 
Gavin has finally decided to do a “dog party, a puppy one,” for his 3rd birthday. He got the idea from his many readings of “Go, Dog, Go.” So I found a whole slew of fun dog activities and games online and some fun dog favors. I can’t believe he is almost 3! He does act like it, but as a nostalgic mom, time sure does fly. Lexie comes up with a new birthday party theme every day, but we landed on a zoo safari theme for her, since she is inviting half boys as her guests. The binoculars worked out quite well, since we can use them as zoo safari props at the party, and Gavin gets his special wish, his blue ‘noculars. Yesterday I ran errands and needed to go to the dollar store. I told the kids they could each choose one item. Gavin found a “face [space] gun,” and has carried it around nonstop. So now what do we have left to get him? The two things he asked for most cost less than $2! Imagine that! I just hope these cheap toys hold up a little while and give him some enjoyment before they break!
Saturday, March 8, 2008
‘Noculars
Posted by Bonnie at 10:34 PM
Labels: Binoculars, Gavin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment