We have had absolutely fabulous weather this week! What a long, cold winter it has been here-our first in Omaha. I can deal with weather in the 30’s, but there were weeks where it was no higher than the teens. One day last month, the schools all closed because the high was -7 degrees with a wind chill factor it made it feel like -25 degrees. Yeah, brrrr! Needless to say, we have been cooped up inside for a couple of months, and I have been making the kids get out and enjoy the sunshine. They are so used to watching movies and playing inside, that they are relearning how to go out and run around with the neighborhood kids!
Tuesday I had a long to-do list (what else is new,) but I could not bring myself to even come in the house. We spent the morning blowing bubbles and cleaning up the dead leaves all over the front yard. The afternoon we spent riding bikes, playing T-ball, and throwing a blue bouncy ball back and forth. I really wanted to avoid making dinner, so we ordered pizza with our neighbors, and went right back outside to the park until it was dark and the kids were
completely worn out. It was great, a much better list of things than I had on my list!
Lexie and Gavin are both trying to get the hang of their bikes again. Yesterday Lexie was really frustrated because she can’t ride without training wheels or as fast down hills with her two friends Annie and Hazel. We were encouraging her to not give up and keep practicing so she would improve. Today she said, “Well, today was better on the bike. It’s not so hard!” Gavin still likes either Danny or me to help him a little, but he can do it just fine…
It has also been refreshing to see people outside again. It seems all the neighbors have emerged from their hibernation, as we have. We once again can enjoy the community spirit that we feel here in Village Green. It’s nice to go out and chat with the other moms and play with our kids. We have a really good group of people here. The weather is supposed to be rainy and slushy all weekend, but at least I know that in a few days we will see blue skies and hear birds chirping and feel the warm sun on our faces again. We are all excited for spring!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Spring Fever
Posted by Bonnie at 11:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment