Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Such a Big Boy

Gavin is 3 years old! He has even started doing things differently, like speaking to me in that young child conversation. “Sooo…my Dad says he is going to tickle me, and Mom is going to tickle me, and Wexie…but I too big, I "free" now. So…I go potty and I not going to go in my pants, I big boy now, and Hayden goes in the potty, and Landon goes in the potty…” and so on. His newest slang the last couple of days is “Nah” for “no.” I don’t know if he’s quite saying “yeah” or “nah,” so I have to ask him 20 times to make sure.
I think Gavin had quite a successful birthday and party. His main present was a “sooter” (scooter) and he has been riding it nonstop. He’s pretty fast on it! He actually opened his toys the night before his birthday so that we all would be home to see him do it. (Danny has early class, and I wanted him have his presents before his party.) He got many nice toys…Danny asked if it was his birthday yet! Jenna and Jared’s family sent Gavin a shooting gun, just as he asked for, and Lexie picked out an airplane launching gun that Gavin loved at the store, both were hits!
The Puppy Party was quite the undertaking, as I knew it would be! But Gavin was happy and had fun, so that’s all that matters. We had fun puppy activities, complete with a bean bag bone toss game I made, Pin the Nose on the Puppy, dog collars and noses for the boys, and “Pupcakes” amongst other dog-themed things. It was a wild party with eleven 3 and 4 year old kids, but they all had a great time. (I was super tired afterward, but I love to go all out for the kids and make their birthdays a really big deal!)
It has been a fabulous three years with this little guy. He brings us so much happiness and always has a good laugh to share. He is so grown up already!

0 comments: