Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rolls of Cole

Six weeks of eating and eating and eating...gives us our chubby baby Cole! Here's a nice closeup of his double chin. He really has grown like crazy. He loves to eat, like I mentioned, and it shows! Lexie was definitely a snacker as a baby, and just had a bit of milk here and there and could go four or more hours as a newborn before another feeding. Gavin definitely had a good appetite, or so I thought... then along came Nicholas and I just have to laugh each day I see him that he looks even bigger than before. He gained two pounds between last Tuesday (when I weighed him in at 11 lbs. for his one month,) and this week he is at 13 lbs! He is getting longer by the day, too. He has outgrown two sizes of diapers in just over a week's time, and is already growing out of his 0-3 month size clothes! It's a good thing all Gavin's summer clothes were 3-6 month size!

Just look at the creases on this chubby little arm. There's even a crease mid-forearm!
Here's the whole picture, big baby for 6 weeks! He is such a sweetie. He has a fussy time at night when he is tired and wants to go to sleep, but other than that he is quite mellow. (I must say, he has a bit of a preference for his mom...) We are starting to see more and more smiles from him, and some cooing and gurgling too.
So you may wonder why I am refering to him as "Nicholas" and "Cole." There are many "Nicks" in the world, so we are going with the middle part of Ni-chol-as as his nickname. It suits him, he looks like a "Cole." So there's the explanation...in case you were wondering!

1 comments:

Nate and Annie said...

He's such a cute pudge!