Well, we have a first grader. It's now official, she is there right now. I don't believe I am old enough to have a first grader! But here it is anyway: Lexie's first day of school.
We did okay on timing this morning and getting there without much hassle and stress. Lexie has really become so responsible and gets up and gets dressed right away. She picked out the outfit she wanted last night, with the blue ballet flats she has been excited to wear.
Here is Lexie's new classroom and the desk she sits at. I actually had to take three shots of this because she was quite nervous and had a very strained expression the first two times. I think I may be having a harder time this morning than sending her to Kindergarten, too. Maybe I am anxious because Lexie was very nervous about going to school. I was anticipating the start of school so the kids would stop fighting and complaining about being bored, but now I am realizing that I am really going to miss having her around as much.
Lexie seems to be okay around her new teacher. We came Thursday night last week for back to school night and saw the classroom and met her teacher. Lexie was very unsure then, and it hasn't changed yet. Let's hope she has an awesome day and dispells all her anxiety (and mine too!) She will do well, we just have opening night jitters!



2 comments:
Good luck Lexie (and Bonnie)I'm sure it will be another great school year!
I can't believe you are back to Omaha and back to school! Lexie looks so cute and how great that her and Savannah are in the same class:) We all miss you and miss the Village. Give your kids hugs and Hi's from the Goates!
Post a Comment