It's hard to believe February is almost over. And I still never quite caught up on the blog, did I? Yes, there are some posts lost in time, which I am fully planning to note coming soon. February is a cold, snowy month, and we really haven't done much exciting or noteworthy. But we have just had some cozy fun with our family and our friends.
These are the kids of some of our great friends here in Omaha. Savannah and Lexie are the same age and in the same class at school, and they play together lots! Carter and Gavin are the same age, too. And Avery and Cole were born about a month apart (Hannah and I must be on the same track!) This night we were babysitting so their parents could have a fun night out (Happy Birthday, Hannah!) The kids had a great time with their late night and pajama party.
The next day was the SuPeRbOwL! This is Danny's big day. He likes to just watch the game on his big TV. And eat his favorite chili cheese dip. We actually had made plans to get together with some other families for this, but one of them wasn't feeling well, then Danny didn't feel too well, either. So we laid down blankets for the kids to eat on turned it into a picnic in the living room. The kids loved that. (Cole wouldn't stay on the blanket and kept flipping his plate...so he got the highchair.)
I made some yummy, cheesy snacks, so I asked Danny to show me how excited he was about them. Must be some chili cheese dip!
Lexie and Gavin loved their picnic.
Cole does this cute smile now when we say "smile" or he sees we are taking pictures. It's funny!
Lexie helped me make all the food, and she wanted us to wear our matching darling pink and brown aprons my mom gave us. She is such a good little cook.
The next week was Valentine's Day! I made some little cards and set them out for my family to let them know I love them. Danny and I went out to dinner and went to see the movie the Avatar. We got the IMax seats in 3D. It was quite the flick! We had a fun date night.
I got the kids some silly string and treats with their Valentines. They had a ton of silly, messy fun with it. There was honestly silly string stuck everywhere! So many random spots...
But look how excited they were. Sometimes I have to remind myself to loosen up and not be so anal about keeping the house clean and let them have some fun. (That's hard because we have been showing our townhouse and I have to constantly clean, yuck.)
And our fancy Valentine's Dinner? Heart-shaped grilled cheese sandwiches and (red) tomato soup. Sunday nights I don't muster much gourmet cooking skill, but the family is happy with this! Happy Valentine's Day!
I also have to note that we spent Chinese New Year celebration this week with our good friends Dave and Carissa and other friends. Unfortunately, we forgot to take pictures, but it was scrumptious and we had a blast!!!
Sunday, February 21, 2010
February Fun
Posted by Bonnie at 5:14 PM
Labels: February, Friends, Superbowl, Valentines Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I feel for you on having to keep your house clean to sell. I'm not looking forward to doing that again.
Post a Comment