Sunday, November 23, 2008

Nicholas Update

Okay, so life has been a freight train chasing me down the track...and somewhere along the line, blogging fell off the track this month. So I am attempting to pick up a few pieces and catch up. We have done lots of things this month, but for some reason I keep forgetting my camera. But here is a picture of Cole back on the 5th. He was starting to roll himself mostly over, but not quite all the way. This picture is also a week after he turned 4 months old. His 4-month checkup showed that he weighed 16 lbs. 4 oz. (77%) and was 27" long (97.4%). He still just loves to eat, and often. I think he has grown even taller since this picture if you look at the next one:
Here he is two days ago on the same playmat. He has really been doing some ab work as well as strengthening his lower back for this awesome bow pose he can do. (So three weeks difference in the pictures, even though he happened to be in the same outfit.) Mostly, he sits in his bouncy seat and watches me in the kitchen. While there, he is doing crunches to sit up more or trying to anchor his feet in the bottom to stand up and see what's going on (or maybe he's trying to get out...) Nicholas also loves toys right now. Just this month, since he has really been able to grab things, he really gets excited about his toys. Not only does he reach them, but he can launch them too! He loves to grab his toys off the toy bar and huck them after he's chewed them for a bit.

This I took last Sunday, thinking I would blog (what happened, I ask?) But he was smiling so cute for me I thought I would grab some photos. (Of course, by the time the camera does its thing to flash, Cole gets a weird look on his face.) He is really such a cutie and so mellow. He is a great baby and will pretty much go along for the ride.
Okay, so here you see half of the smile at least...He thinks the camera is strange. He is so interactive right now, and it's fun to get him giggling and talking to us. This whole month he has been honing his grabbing skills and now just reaches out and swipes stuff quickly. He also started grabbing his toes. He rolls from side to side, but no rolling over quite yet. He does not care for tummy time, and honestly, he's the third child so he doesn't get much tummy time! My favorite thing he does it that he loves to hold my hand. If I am carrying him, changing his diaper, nursing him, or just sitting with him, he loves to find my hand and hold it. He has actually done this since birth. How sweet, I hope it lasts for a while!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is getting SOOOOO big! What a little cutie. Can you believe how quickly the time is going by? Asher is already crawling! I am not ready for him to be mobile yet. They are so fun at this age though!