Sunday, December 7, 2008

Deck the Halls

"Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly...Fa, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la." I made Lexie and Gavin wait until the day after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas. So while I was trying to recuperate after the big holiday, the kids were antsy to get started on Christmas. After we took down the Autumn and Thanksgiving thins and tidied up a bit, I brought up a box. But while I was busy upstairs, the kids got all the ornaments out of their packages and laid them out all over the room! We had not put up our tree yet, so it was Christmas chaos. I told them we had to wait until I put on my classic Christmas carols to decorate the tree.

Lexie had the honor of affixing the star on top of the tree. We bought a small $30 Wal-Mart special Christmas tree last year, just to have something for the law school years. It is cute, and actually we have it decorated it hardly any time (especially with my two little helpers!)
My mom got Nicholas this little snowglobe ornament with his name on it. He was very interested in it!
Lexie is at a great age where she is careful and helpful also. She likes to have a little project to work on and loves to get ready for holidays.
Here's Gavin with the ornament from his first Christmas when he was a baby. He was also careful with his ornaments, and we only had one glass ball casualty.
I started a tradition a couple years ago that I buy a new Christmas book for the kids and give it to them as a gift to start the holiday season. Here's this year's first gift! We had lots of fun and are all decorated, if that's all the Christmas preparations we have done!

2 comments:

VillageGreen Unit For Sale said...

Okay, that is a great tradition with the books...I may have to steal that one from you. Thanks!

Cher said...

You did such a great job taking photos of all the details of the event. We decorated after thanksgiving as well and I wish I would have documented it with pictures...