One thing we did a lot this summer was READ! Lexie and Gavin each had reading time every day to work on their own skills, and I have read a ton of books to them too. I am reading the Chronicles of Narnia to the older kids, and then there's our nice collection of children's books that I read to all three. (Yes, I admit, I have a weakness for good children's books. Especially those with a well-written rhythmic verse and beautiful illustrations.) I know that reading is such a foundation for learning, and I hope that by focusing on it my kids develop a love for books and reading themselves. To help this a bit, we filled out the local library summer reading program charts. As incentive, they had a big end-of-summer reading library party where the kids got prizes for all their time reading.
We met our good friends Carissa and her kids Tyler and Meili for the activities. The kids love to play together and had fun at all the booths.
The big hit (and it was really big!) was this blowup shark slide. They had to slide down that 10 times each. We are so glad to see our friends from Omaha, and that we still live kind of close to each other in Utah!
Lexie and I had a special Mommy-Daughter Date in mid August. It is called a Tiny Tea Party, and it is at the doll shop at Gardner Village. It was such a fun thing to do together! We got all dressed up and Lexie brought her two dolls for the occasion, and they even had their own treat and tea setting. Lexie and I drank our water out of tiny-sized tea cups, and used tiny flatware. We had delectable little desserts too. And we had two little fairies join us for the occasion!
It was a nice afternoon to just sit and enjoy my little girl and talk together. We had lots of fun on our date! Lexie is really such a beautiful young lady and has such great ideas. It is refreshing to step outside our ordinary life to enjoy time together.
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Read and Feed
Posted by Bonnie at 10:51 PM
Labels: Activities, Gavin, Lexie, Summer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
That tiny tea party looks so fun! I'll have to take my girls next year!
Post a Comment