Sunday, January 25, 2009

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, what a wonderful day!

I loved the nice reprieve we had from the cold this week! I felt so much more alive. Warmth does wonderful things to me. On Thursday we went with my friends Shauna and Angie and the kids to the zoo to appreciate the wonderful day. That day and the day before, I had been singing "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" in my Cherubs group and when I did music with Lexie's class, and they really were sunshiny, happy, wonderful days! We didn't even need coats on Thursday at the zoo, because get this, the temperature was 55 degrees!!! Woohoo! (Today the high was 10 degrees.)
Gavin did have his coat on when we left because I had no idea it would be that warm, so he wore it unzipped and didn't complain. He was in a lot better mood than he has been, I guess the sun has the same effect on him, plus he got to hang out with his friends. Here are the zoo troopers: Jackson, Sami, Gavin, and Ben.
Nicholas spent his whole time in the stroller, so he probably didn't see much! But I think he enjoyed being outside on a nice day, too.
The kids are on a cool bridge at the zoo that goes over a koi pond. They were trying to feed the fish.
Gavin got up close and personal with this gorilla through the glass.

We stayed at the zoo until it was time to pick up the Kindergarteners. On our way back to the car, the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile was parked at the zoo! How cool is this thing?! So I had to get a picture of everyone in front of it. (Gavin, Savannah, Lexie, Taggart, Nicholas.) Too bad you only see the stroller and not Nicholas, but he was there too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That does look like a lot of fun. We are having a wicked inversion here, so I feel so trapped in doors. I am thinking a trip to the Zoo sounds like a great idea right about now! (OK, well maybe when this horrible stuff is out of the air).

Alta said...

Holy Cow your kids are getting so big. What a fun day you had with your kids. I just love those days. Nicholas is so dang cute.