Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Day in the Life

Yesterday Lexie went to her friend's "Pinkalicious" birthday party and had to dress like "Fancy Nancy." If you are not up on the world of little girl books, these are two very cute, very girly stories. I kept adding more accessories and Lexie didn't want so much fluff! She only wore the boa for this picture because I thought it looked so cute, but she thinks it's itchy. I had to get a picture before she left.
I also snapped a picture of who was at the party when I dropped her off. All the girls are so pretty in pink! Lexie had lots of fun.
I figured I would do the rest of this post as a day in the life. We do the same things all the time, so I don't know how exciting it is. But it's kind of fun to remember this time down the road. So here's Gavin singing in the shower last night...
And Nicholas eating his green beans mixed with rice cereal. He wasn't a big fan of this particular food, he kept gagging on it and gagged it back up twice! If it was anything else, he loves to eat! (He still ate the whole bowl full.) He just hit the 7 month milestone last Friday. I can't believe it! He is getting very active and likes to rock a bit on his hands and knees. He doesn't stay there very long...I hope he holds off on the crawling a bit longer!


Danny helped Lexie with her reading last night, so I thought I'd add that to our mix. We do reading and the word activities that go with it every night. She is getting very good and can read mostly everything. Her speed is improving too. Her letters look great!
This is a homework activity from last week. She had to draw what was happening in the poem and write her own description of it. She made it for her teacher. (There is a party going on at the library, as you can see from all the confetti and the party hat!) So there's a bit of our day for you!

3 comments:

Nate and Annie said...

Looks great! It may seem boring for you, but it's really fun to see what you guys are up to normally. And I LOVE Lexie's Pinkilicous outfit! Fun!

Summer said...

We LOVE the Fancy Nancy books! What a cute idea for a party. Lexie looked so cute!!! And I can't believe how big Nicholas is. You have such a cute family.

Cher said...

Cute pink outfit for the party! Too bad she wouldn't wear the boa. It was cute!
Glad to see you're doing well.
I think I need to do a day in the life post too. It's kind of like a journal. Things change so fast.