So last night Gavin woke up at 2 am, then 4 am, then was up at 5:30 am...you get the picture. He kept crying and saying, "My toe hurts!" I looked at his toe, and I couldn't see anything wrong with it, so I kept sending him back to bed.
This morning he kept complaining about it, and called it a blister. So that's all I figured it was and we stuffed his foot into socks and shoes and off we went to church. Well, he couldn't walk very well today, and I could tell it was really bothering him. (Too bad I was so busy getting ready for church that I didn't take a closer look this morning...)
After church we looked at the bottom of it and saw that it had a huge infection. I guess he stepped on something at the joint of his little toe and it got infected. His whole pinky toe was swollen and it extended up the side of his foot! Poor kid. So Danny took him to an urgent care center. They said they didn't want to cut into it because it would be traumatic for him, but just prescribed an antibiotic. Let's hope it takes care of it soon, because he is still in a lot of pain.
Gavin sure did a good job being brave. Here he was at the clinic. At least it wasn't gory...I'll post later if it goes away or not.



4 comments:
Poor guy! I hope he's feeling better soon!
I hope the antibiotics worked for him--is the infection gone? So, there wasn't a sliver or anything they could find? Give him a hug and tell him "Gramma loves him, too!"
Poor Gavin! I had Brent read this and as his "professional" opinion he said that you have to do something more then antibiotics. Doctors hate to traumatize kids but they might have to cut into it. He said to take him to a Podiatrist, especially if it comes back. Hope this helps!!!!!
His toe is doing much better! The antibiotic cleared up all the yucky pussy stuff. When the skin came back I could see it looked like the shape of a nail or screw that had gone into his toe quite a ways. Ouch! But the next day it was healed over and now is just peeling skin.
Post a Comment