Sunday, February 8, 2009

Taste the Freedom

We have enjoyed four days of beautiful weather. I mean, really, when else do you get 65 degrees in the first week of February?! To celebrate, Danny helped the kids ride their bikes without training wheels yesterday. Gavin was doing pretty well with Danny helping him. And then Lexie, well...
Lexie is now a training-wheel free rider! She did it, and she got it all by herself! Danny worked with her for a while, but her balance had kicked in better since last year and she was just ready. Last year she just wasn't sure about how to handle the bike and didn't even want to ride it most of the time, but now she has new-found confidence and is off!
Danny jogged behind her the whole time, just to be there in case she needed him. (Can't you see the proud look on his face?) But she did great by herself, and went all over the place!

Today my dad (Lexie's grandpa) noted that the first time you ride your bike without help or training wheels, it is such a memorable moment in your life. So yea, Lexie! You've earned that confidence and tasted the freedom of reaching this milestone.

Danny got the very first solo ride video on his phone. It's a bit shaky because he was running alongside her.

5 comments:

Nate and Annie said...

Dad's right...that first bike ride is something that she'll always have to remember. I even remember mine. I was about Lexie's age and I learned on that little blue BMX bike, Jed taught me. Memories. Oh and sweet bird's nest hairdo :)

Anonymous said...

How fun! I wish we could go out and play. I LOVE your new hair cut by the way. Totally cute!

Summer said...

I am so happy for her and for you guys with the warm weather!!! I do not miss the cold. Hey, when are you going back to Utah. We are going in March. Love to see you!!!

Melissa said...

yea lexie! that's so fun. you will be amazed at how fast they can go without the training wheels. miss you. melissa

Melissa said...

yea lexie! that's so fun. you will be amazed at how fast they can go without the training wheels. miss you. melissa