Here's our little Cole-a-licious. He is up and rockin' on all fours! He isn't content to just sit and play with toys anymore, he always ends up lunging way forward until he is on his tummy. Then he reaches with all his might for whatever he is going for and scoots his way toward things. When he's up like this, he usually pushes himself backwards, but tonight he just made the first rocking motions. Uh, oh! I'm not sure I'm ready for him to crawl yet!!!
The other night he was so tired that he fell asleep in his highchair while I was making dinner. He didn't even wake up when everyone came to eat. He hasn't been sleeping perfectly anymore. He wakes up at least twice at night, usually around midnight or 1 am and again around 4 or 5 am. He won't go back to sleep until he eats. This day he took a long morning nap and wouldn't go down for an afternoon one (I tried!) So at 6:00 he was done! I love those yummy, pudgy fingers. At 7 months now, he is 19 lbs. and 28 1/4" long (on February 11th.) His personality is really starting to bloom. He is so animated and giggly the last couple of weeks. Before we had to work really hard to get him to smile!
Nicholas has also honed his grabbing abilities and is really coordinated now. Today he grabbed the cord to the electric griddle and about pulled it over on his head! Aaah!

And I know you're not going to believe it, but he says "Mama." Really! He babbles it, and cries it when he's hungry and just wants me. Maybe he just wants food and that is his word for needing to eat, but when you ask him, "where's Mama?" he turns and looks at me. I think it's love!



4 comments:
Cute! And I'm loving his hair! :)
Bonnie, he is darling!
He is so adorable. And I love your hair Bonnie!
I just can't wait until you all get here in Utah this weekend! I'm dying to see the kids--they grow and change too fast. Cole is a doll! I'm excited to see his smiles!
Post a Comment