Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oh, delightful crocus!

Does it make you giddy to see spring bulbs, too? Maybe not, but it does to me! I LoVe to see the first little tender green shoots peeking up out of the ground, sometimes even in the snow. And I even more love to see the dainty little cup of a crocus making its colorful debut on a drab background. I know that a robin is the traditional first sign of spring, but to me, the crocus is it. I love to plant crocus because they are always the first to bloom, and they bloom early! Here are the first of my crocus this year, I just had to make a special post about them. I can't wait for the grand tulip display, don't get me wrong, but these are such a sweet sneak preview of the growing season. Crocus mean winter is on its way out and hello to spring!

0 comments: