Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Here's a post to commemorate the day. It is 9-9-09. Pretty cool. So our post today is about our "very boring" Labor Day weekend, as Lexie and Gavin put it. Well, we had such an adventurous summer and so many activities and outings that I figured it wouldn't hurt to just stay home and get some things done. We still enjoyed ourselves, I think my kids are just not used to the usual system after being spoiled all summer. To kick off the weekend, I got my hair chopped shorter on Friday. You like?

As one of our summer projects, we made these little characters out of Play-Doh to be parachuters. They took several days to dry all the way, and then adorned the shelf for a while. So in my massive de-junking weekend, I decided that we had better either use them or chuck them, so I strapped the plastic grocery sack parachutes on and we took them to the playground for some base jumping stunts.
It was a fun Sunday afternoon activity. The kids had a lot of fun watching each parachuter float to the ground. I must admit I enjoyed tossing my guy up in the air and watching how high it would go before landing.Labor Day monday we spent...laboring. We worked all day. I know, we're tons of fun. But to finish our night we cooked s'mores over the BBQ grill. I put the graham crackers with the chocolate right on the grill to get it all melty...Maybe a little too melty?! Nicholas surely enjoyed his, as you can tell by the messy mouth and the stickiness Danny is trying to get off! It was a nice way to end the last holiday of summer, even if we were "boring."

5 comments:

Nate and Annie said...

Boring? Parachute men and s'mores, what more could you want. Sounds like a great weekend to me!

Summer said...

You are so creative! You are just giving me ideas for when Grace is older and she says that she is bored!! You're a great mom!!!

THE GARN FAMILY said...

Such a cute family! Hope you are all doing well!

Alyson said...

Bonnie, I feel so bad that I have not emailed you those pics yet. I am SO sorry. Our life has been absolutly CRAZY, non stop since we left Omaha. I promise I will still send them. Jake has to help me send them because our camera is really strange. I miss you, and we all really miss music class! Talk to you soon, Alyson

Melissa said...

hey cute girl! love the cut! doesn't short hair feel so nice? your a cute mom with tons of ideas, to bad my kids have to be raised by someone mental! melissa