Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter Fun 2009


Last Saturday (April 11th,) was the annual V.G. Easter Egg Hunt. The kids had a lot of fun seeing their friends, collecting eggs, and doing crafts. Here's Lexie with two of her best friends Annie and Alex.
Nicholas had the best seat in the house! He could see everything quite well from Danny's shoulders. (He looks a bit groggy here because he had just woken up from a nap.)

Here are Gavin and his buddy Ben on the egg hunt. They were both so excited to find eggs! Lexie has reached the "speed hunt" age, where she can run around and collect a whole lot really fast. The actual egg hunt was a lot of fun, but over in five minutes!
Here's Nicholas playing with one of Gavin's eggs. He thinks it's funny. It was fun to see all our friends and chat.
Here is our family in our Easter attire on Easter morning. We had a nice session of Stake Conference for Easter. It was a broadcast event, and we were able to listen to the prophet, President Monson speak. It was really neat and we were spiritually nourished.
Here is Gavin in his snazzy new Easter Sunday outfit with pin stripe shirt. Such a little man!
I am absolutely in love with this dress! Lexie looks like a Neopolitan ice cream cloud in this shimmering cream, pink, and chocolate brown dress. I love pretty dresses for my gorgeous girl!
Nicholas looks cute in his Sunday clothes...although Gavin wore the same outfit a couple of years ago! We're getting good use of hand me downs.
The Easter Bunny left a few fun surprises for us Easter morning, and we had our own egg hunt around the living room. Here's Lexie finding some eggs...
and Nicholas chewing on one...
...and Gavin finding some eggs too!

For Easter dinner we invited our friends Rich and Shauna and their kids over. We had a nice dinner and it was fun to share with them. Here we are having the chocolate cake bunnies I made and dipped in chocolate. They were nice and rich! After dinner we shared the Easter story from the New Testament as a way to end the day remembering the Savior and why we celebrate Easter. Happy Easter to everyone!

5 comments:

Cher said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun! I love Lexie's dress. Very cute!

Nate and Annie said...

Fun! I love Lexie's dress too, and those bunny cakes are such a cute idea!

Shauna Hardy said...

Lexie is so gorgeous in her dress! I can't believe how grow up she looks! The boys look handsome too! I can't believe Nicholas is already 9 months old!

belliesue said...

As always, what fun and fancy updates. What a treat to have a warm Easter for once! Keep Smiling!

Shauna said...

You should make chocolate suns now that is gettting warm:) I will help you eat them:):) I love Lexie's dress!!