I just thought I would post a couple of funny things the kids have said lately. My favorite was on April 22, Danny was at school studying late to prepare for finals and I was trying to get all the kids to bed. Lexie was in the bathtub where I was trying to trim her hair. I had put Nicholas down for the night, but he was in his room screaming his little lungs out because he wasn't ready to sleep quite yet. Gavin had needed to go potty, and was sitting on the toilet downstairs yelling, "Come wipe me, Mom!" I was hastily trying to trim Lexie's hair to go take care of the other boys and made a comment about how I didn't know how I was going to do it by myself with Dad busy with finals for the next two weeks and then gone to Maryland for two more. Lexie simply said, "Well, Mom, then you shouldn't have any more kids if you can't take care of the three you have." That is a priceless nugget from my six year old, it is just too funny!
Gavin likes to make up all kinds of words, people, creatures, names, whatever he thinks up. Yesterday he was telling me, "Mom, I have a pretend friend."
M: What's his name?
G: Hulken Olken.
M: Oh, I don't ever see him.
G: That's because he lives in the walls. When he wants to come out a door magically appears and he comes out, then it closes up and it is just the plain wall. You don't know there is a door there.
I thought that was rather creative. He is constantly coming up with off the wall questions or thoughts to ask me or discuss with me. Just so clever and funny!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I had to laugh about the one downstairs using the bathroom and shouting to be wiped. That is just all too common around here. You're in the middle of something and then the shout from the bathroom comes!
Good luck during these busy next few weeks!
I have been meaning to call you to see how you are doing without Danny there. So... how are you?
Post a Comment