Friday, May 29, 2009

Sandcastle fun

Since it rained Monday and then Tuesday, we seized the beautiful sunshine on Wednesday and made sandcastles at the beach. After our sad time on Monday, I figured I had better make it up to Gavin.
Nicolas hates the feel of grass on his feet. I assumed he would not like the texture of sand either and just sit on his blanket and watch us. Well, he was hands on! He loved the sand, and had no fear of crawling right into the waves. He got very sandy and very wet, but he had a lot of fun. (And ate a little sand...yuck!)

Lexie took our sand castle very seriously and ran about directing Gavin and filling buckets and wetting down the sand where we were building. But of course she always has lots of fun in her serious playing, too.
Gavin enjoyed filling the buckets and trying to make towers. He was very afraid for Nicholas when he started crawling toward the water, even though I was right there with him. What a sweet little guy Gavin is.
And here is the final castle. We were going to decorate it with shells, but Nicholas was done and we had sand everywhere. Really, nothing is safe from the sand on the beach! It finds us!
Here are the kids with our castle. After the picture we "stormed the castle," and stomped it. They probably had more fun doing that! We will definitely spend lots of time here.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Forget about Idaho. We might just come visit you this summer! Hope you are having fun.

Shauna said...

I have not been a blogging lately! You rnew digs look so fun! I am jealous about the beach:) I hope you are having a great time, know you are missed!