It is that time of year around here, the time where the moving trucks are almost bumper to bumper and many friends are graduating and moving on to bigger and better things in life. (You could see 8 Penske trucks from my front porch, and lots more if you walked out to the curb.) That also means goodbyes. I have had a great deal of mixed emotions this week as I have realized so many friends are not going to be right out my front door to chat with or see their welcome smiles. I have been trying to pack up our family for our summer adventures away, and knowing that the scene will be so different when I return is very bittersweet. So I want to pay tribute to the many wonderful people that we have met and the fun friends the kids are definitely going to miss. I am also looking forward to meeting new friends and seeing bright new faces around the Green.
Whitney and Lexie were almost next-door neighbors, and Lexie loved to play with Whitney. She always showed Lexie where to find snakes or the coolest features of bugs and animals around, or how to have a good adventure.
Gavin has been outside every chance he could get to play whenever the weather was good. Riley and he got along great and could play all day long together.
Lexie and Hazel were both in the Zoo Kindergarten class this year, and so could immediately play after school and were always looking out for "Bug Club" finds.
Nicole and Matt are great buds, and Gavin would pal around with them out in front of our house. This last week they were almost inseparable, and one day when I pulled up in the car, there was Riley, Nicole, and Matt, all knocking on the door and calling for Gavin. He will definitely miss these guys.
A special goodbye is meant for Gavin friend Hayden. They are always so cute together. They have played so well together for the last two years and get along so well. (Isn't it cute to see how much they grew since last year?!) Gavin has had so much fun with Hayden, let's hope their paths cross again someday.
These three little girls have been inseparable for the last two years. What fun it has been to have two friends to always run around with and they have had so much fun. Lexie is definitely going to miss her girls! And I could not believe how much they have changed in a year.
While I have only shown a few pictures here, there are so many families that we love and have enjoyed getting to know. We wish you all a goodbye and good luck in your new lives! We love you!



1 comments:
What a great group of friends...at least when old ones move out,new ones move in. That is one thing so hard about moving on is all of the good-byes. And I loved your insight about mother's day. That's such a great outlook to take. It was good talking to you last week. I hope you guys had fun for your b-day!
Post a Comment