Friday, November 6, 2009

Where Have I Been???

Well, let's see...where do I begin? We had a fun visit from my parents the end of September, then for our 10-year anniversary Danny's parents came out just to watch the kids so we could go celebrate! And in the middle of it all we had a nasty virus, possibly even the dreaded swine flu, that knocked us completely flat. Danny and I haven't been that sick in a long time, and it seemed to take almost four weeks to work its way through the whole family. In the middle of all that fun, I made a quilt for my sister who is having a baby girl in December. Annie loves all things nature, especially trees. I found this whimsical bird fabric and used it as my inspiration to create a one-of-a-kind design for my soon-to-arrive niece. I love the dark chocolate and raspberry tones and I also love applique.
If you would like to see more pictures of it and my description of how I made it, check out my May Blossoms blog here.
Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I am really proud of myself for finishing a project like this in just over three weeks! I might even say it's the best quilt I have ever made.

5 comments:

Cher said...

Bonnie that is such a beautiful quilt! You are very talented.

The Evers Family said...

That is absolutely incredible. So cute!

Nate and Annie said...

It is quite possibly THE best quilt ever made! It's absolutely perfect- I LOVE it! I'm still so amazed by it; and by your incredible talent!

Bobi Jensen said...

It is really incredible, I'm glad I "came over" and saw it here on the blog! Awesome!!!!

Shauna said...

It looks awesome!