Monday, November 30, 2009

A Great Wolf Thanksgiving

Ever since we moved to Omaha, we have heard how fantastic the Great Wolf Lodge indoor water park and hotel were. We are trying to do all the major activities nearby before we leave, and figured it was time to visit Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City, Kansas. Last year we found out that the Lodge does a Thanksgiving Day buffet, and so we have been anticipating this for a year! (No cooking for me this year, I just got to play instead of cooking for 2 straight days.) We were able to meet up with our friends Casey and Bobi and their kids and spend the holiday with them. The lodge is set up just for families and has tons of stuff for the kiddos. Our room had a special "Wolf Den" just for Lexie and Gavin to hang out. (They even had their own TV with video games!)Cole loved their beds and the wolves on the wall, too. He also found lots of fun objects in the room to play with (the remote, here.)
We basically dropped our stuff in our room and headed to the water park! We had a good two days playing in the pools and on the slides.
So there are a lot of fun photos, just keep scrolling! Danny and Gavin coming out of the tube slide...
Lexie and Gavin have been missing swimming because we haven't gone since the summer! So this was a great time for them.
The fun floating snake...
Cole playing in the kiddie area...Gavin really liked the slides in the kiddie area too!
Here's all the kids from both families (except Cole.) They had a great time, can you tell?
For dinner on Wednesday, we went to a place I heard about called the T-Rex Cafe. I was seriously impressed! The entrance had actual-size dinosaur bones and animatronics dinosaurs going.Inside was impressive! I remarked that if I would have pursued my dream of becoming an architect, this would have been the kind of thing I would have loved to do. The ambiance was truly prehistoric! The kids really enjoyed it, and so did I!
We ate in the undersea section. I loved the giant clam-shell booths! There was a giant octopus over our heads, too.
Dexter the T-Rex came by and I got the kids with him for a picture. Cole was so cute, he would only stare at the T-Rex! I couldn't get his attention because he was so taken by the dinosaur!
We spent the whole day of Thanksgiving maximizing our water park experience. I took most of the pictures on Wednesday, but here is Gavin enjoying the swimming. We swam until we couldn't do anymore!
Before we checked out, Cole kept climbing through this little window in the Cub Den. He loved climbing up on the perch and peeking through.We scheduled a late dinner so we could play all day, so we were STARVING by the time we got to the buffet. So no pictures of our dinner! But before we left, our group had one last look at Great Wolf Lodge in front of their cool clock tower. Thanks to Great Wolf Lodge for making our Thanksgiving this year!

7 comments:

skcoe said...

Okay, that looks like SO MUCH FUN!

Hey, will you email me your address? I'm sending out Christmas cards and Darren keeps forgetting to ask Danny.

sikcoe@gmail.com
Sheryl Coe :)

Anonymous said...

so dang fun, I want to go to Great Wolfe Lodge!! Where are you heading to next? We miss you!!

Nate and Annie said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! What a fun thing to do for Thanksgiving. The kids look so grown up in these pictures... I just saw them in October and they look like they've grown since then.

Cher said...

Hi Bonnie!

Hey can you email me your address? I think the one I have is old and I want to send you a Christmas card.

cherolynrowland@gmail.com

Cher said...

Hi Bonnie!

Hey can you email me your address? I think the one I have is old and I want to send you a Christmas card.

cherolynrowland@gmail.com

Cher said...

Hi Bonnie!

Hey can you email me your address? I think the one I have is old and I want to send you a Christmas card.

cherolynrowland@gmail.com

Durham Family said...

What a fun trip! Look like a kid heaven.