Enjoying the Gardens with our friends. L to R: Hayden, Taggart, Lexie, Dallin, and Gavin.
We have had a fun-filled day of summer activities! It has been warm and sunny for the last couple of days, and today we got to enjoy one of those perks we get for being V. G. residents. Lauritzen Botanical Gardens is located on the property, so it is literally in our backyard.Today was a free admission day to all in our community, so we took a trip to check
out their new “Kid Structures.” Our friends Mike and Laurel and their kids went around with us and we had lots of fun. I even made it around in my large preggo state and waddle walking! Lexie was very excited about each new structure and even more excited that there was face painting. Gavin enjoyed it so much he got nice and worn out! I always love to look at the Gardens. They make me miss my garden back in Utah. The plantings are so beautiful and the greenery has such a soothing effect on me.The kids were excited to see the new model train addition. There are miniature buildings of landmarks in Omaha and they run model trains through that garden. It is fun.
Lexie and Gavin run to see where the next train is coming. Not to dull the kids’ enthusiasm, we moved on to all these new Kid Structures…they are cool, take a look!
They also enjoy pretending to be honeybees.
I love this one, Gavin just popped out of the house that looks like it was built of Lego blocks.
The kids build flowers and play in the sand.
When I asked Danny to bring the camera, he said “Only if you don’t take any pictures of me.” So I told him he could be the photographer for the day. This is what I get…lots of large pregnant pictures of me!Once we came home from the Gardens, we hurried and filled up water balloons for the Primary Activity. We held it right here at the main park, and it was a hit! Lots of fun summertime activities, we are loving the season!



0 comments:
Post a Comment