Sunday, June 22, 2008

Nursing Coverup

Okay, so I am always excited to complete a project. If you know me, you know that I usually find most of my satisfaction in coming up with ideas or designing how a project will be. Most things I start are just plans on my computer or sketchbook. If I do actually get materials to make it, my projects often end up sitting on my table unfinished because I imagined up all the really cool things I could do and it got too complicated to finish, or I lost interest because it took too long to make came up with some new project to move onto. Well, I am excited about my project today because I started it and finished it tonight.

A few months ago I saw a new mom put on a coverup similar to this one to nurse her baby. It covered everything really well, had adjustable straps around the neck like an apron, but had this little stiff rounded neck section where she could see in the top to check on her baby but no one else could. I thought that looked pretty nifty, so I checked into them a bit. I found you can buy them at Target for almost $40! I thought that was a bit much for a rectangular piece of fabric with straps, so I looked around online for someone who had figured out how to make one. Voila! Here it is! I was even so excited to finish it quickly that I made a cute matching burp cloth to go with it. It is not a baby print, but I like it as more fashionable for me. It was simple to make and cost me under $10. Now I'll have to put it to the test as soon as the baby is born!

3 comments:

Chelsea B. said...

My best friend from college made me one of these too which makes me so happy because they are so expensive to buy! Ps. We had a false alarm last night also...only two more days till my induction if he decides not to come before then :)

Cher said...

Cool Bonnie! Good luck with your expected delivery! Any day now right! I'm happy for you.

Heidi J Photography said...

You are so crafty! My friend made one for me and I LOVE it! It is so nice to be able to nurse in public and not be exposed! I can't wait to see pictures of the new little one, good luck with the delivery!