Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Little Squeaker is 2 Months Old!

Well, I've decided that if you blink, you will miss your children growing up. I can't believe it's been 2 months since Cole was born. I had to post a few pictures from this past week about the new things he is doing. You can tell from this picture that he has been smiling...

...and from this picture, you can see how he "talks" to us now! He coos and goos and has a regular conversation. I know my other kids did this too, and it is so sweet to have these moments where their whole face lights up and they show you they really think you're their world. I was talking with my friend Shauna here about that. It's a guilty pleasure we have as moms, that for this one small part of their lives, babies love their mothers more than anyone else. It's nice that we have this effect after all we do for them! And then they grow up and they want to do everything themselves or go to someone else...
So I took this picture of Lexie and Nicholas on his two-month birthday, and remembered it looked like the one when he was a newborn. So I compared the two side by side to show you really how fast he has grown. He is so big, I can't believe it! Nicholas has grown so much faster than Lexie or Gavin did, he ate every hour or two for the first 6 weeks of life when he was awake, and every 3 hours when he was sleepy. Can you believe it's even the same baby? What a chunky monkey! He had his 2-month checkup the same day, and he weighed 13 lbs. 9 oz. (89%) and he was 23-1/2" long (73%.)
Cole is really starting to show interest in things, and even trying to move his arms to get things, but he hasn't coordinated grabbing yet. I put him under his little play gym, and you can tell how intrigued he is!
For those of you who didn't know, I was a thumb sucker. I sucked my thumb until I was five years old, when my mom decided I should quit before I started Kindergarten! Cole has found his thumb and he prefers it to the binky. He loves to smack and suck on it, and will bat the binky out of his mouth to have his thumb. I will find him this way when he is asleep. It looks so cute now, let's just hope he doesn't do it until he's five!

1 comments:

Summer said...

Well, if it makes you feel better, I was eleven when I stopped sucking my thumb. I refused and my parents tried EVERYTHING. Finally, it took humiliation and money.
And I totally agree with you on the guilty pleasure thing. Grace loves her mommy and I just love it and I am not looking forward to the day that changes.