Sunday, September 7, 2008

One Last Glimpse of Summer

I think I am finally rounding the bend of that post-baby adjustment period. Cole now can go 3-4 hours during the day between feedings, so that gives me a bit more time in my day. (He also sleeps through the night, yea!!! He goes to sleep about 9:00 and doesn't usually wake up until around 6 or 7:00 am.) So I am finally posting about a few of the activities and things we did in Utah that I never got around to until now...

My LDS sorority Sigma friends got together for a reunion! Front: Deborah and Genny. Back: Tori, Jill, Alta, Sarah, Suzi, Ashley, Me. It was so good to see everyone! Here we are with all the babies...

And here we are without! Isn't that funny, we all either had a baby or were pregnant. I guess we are all in the same stage of life. It renews my spirit to be around friends I haven't seen in a while, but that we can reminisce and chat about life!
The kids had way too much fun playing with cousins while in Utah this summer. Danny's mom kept them entertained while we stayed with them. They went over to the neighbor's pool and had a blast swimming.
Lexie had to try out every pool floatie there, even the baby one!

This is my dad's side of the family at our reunion. We were missing one family, but it's still quite a group! We stayed at a lodge up in Park City. It was beautiful!
As entertainment for the reunion, we had a variety show with talents and skits. Lexie and Gavin sang two of our favorite songs they learned at Cherubs last year, "Skidamarink" and "Down by the Bay." They really hammed it up and had fun singing in the microphone.
My family did our skit "How we Survived a Japanese Gameshow." If you have seen the show on TV, you know they do silly/crazy stunts. Since Nelson just came home from Japan, we thought we'd do our own version. I kind of regretted making myself a contestant after we were done...but it was funny and I couldn't stop laughing. (I don't know if the audience was as amused.)
And to sum summer all up, I thought I would show you the new resident on our front window. He is actually about a 3" spider, so don't be fooled by the picture. Here he is eating a large bug for lunch. The web was so cool that I had to get a picture of it, it spanned our whole front window, about 5' x 5'. It was a very intricate web! He is just one of the many little critters we have around here...at least he is outside and not in our house, like the snake I found in our basement in June!

6 comments:

Cher said...

Wow your little guy really has grown a lot! It looks like you are all doing well! But I've got to hear about the snake you found in your basement. I would freak out!!!! I don't mind little water snakes but I would not like one in my house at all. What kind of a snake was it?

Nate and Annie said...

I loved reading all the new posts. I have fallen really far behind myself, especially now that school has started! Everyone looks great and I can't believe how much Cole is growing!

Melissa said...

i have to say i'm a little jealous of cole sleeping through the night. i still am getting up twice with delyla and latley up with saxon too. but if she is anything like her brothers, she will be a year before sleeping through the night. your kids are so cute! we miss you! it was nice to spend some time with you while you were in town. melissa

Bonnie said...

Okay, so the snake was a black, quite thin (not more than 3/4" or so,) but a long thing (at least 3-4 feet long.) I am told they are not poisonous. We live with the woods surrounding us, so we get all kinds of critters. It wasn't dangerous or huge, but it still surprised me all the same! I think it was better to see that than a rodent or something.

Anonymous said...

I'm loving your blog! I miss being there and seeing all the happenings. I was glad to see Gavin loves preschool and he is adjusting well like Lexie did to going to school.

How do I get on as a "friend" on your list?!

I'm a snake lover as you know, as long as they aren't venomnous! We had a nice long green snake in our window well I had to lift out a couple of months ago. The huge web and spider are impressive, but I'm not too fond of those!!

I do love your blogs. You do a nice job. We could live without the reunion picture of me--I look so bad.

Hang in and I love ya!

Anonymous said...

We had a great time visiting with you guys at the reunion. I am glad to hear you are adjusting to your new schedule. Right when I thought I got is down, Kate decided it was time to be awake more. Good luck!