Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mudding, Sanding, Painting, Moulding, etc...

Okay, so this is why I don't exactly love home improvement. I love the end result... But the process is a bit...okay, a lot...messy. We have been finishing most of our basement in our townhouse for the last while. My friend Shauna (bless her heart for helping me!) came to help paint a couple nights. I was still madly sanding the rest of the mudded ridges off when she came to help me apply primer, and she laughed when she saw me like this and said I needed a picture...so here it is. I should have taken more pictures of the process, but at least there's this awesome one of me all dusty! I gave myself 3 weeks after Danny hung the drywall to do all the mudding, sanding, painting, and have Danny hang doors and baseboards/door casings before carpet. (My parents came to visit and so I thought it would be nice to have it done before they got here.) We barely made it. I still have some touchup and things to do, but it is so nice to be able to go in our basement and feel plush carpet and have finished walls! (And not have all the storage in the basement in the middle of the kitchen and living room any more.) I am painting a mural on the wall for the kids' play area, so as soon as that's done I'll post pictures! Now I need a big nap.

4 comments:

Corpuz Family said...

You are one busy lady! What a hard worker, way to get it done just in time for your parents!

Cher said...

That is impressive! We finished our basement this year and we could have never done all that dry wall and mudding ourselves. I can't even imagine how much work that was for you. You go girl!

Shauna said...

You deserve a very long nap:) It looks so good, can't wait to see the mural when it is finished.

Nate and Annie said...

Woo hoo! You look hot! You´re such a Berhold... Make sure you take time to relax now. I can´t wait to see the pictures of the finished product!