Friday, October 10, 2008


Today Lexie came home from school and told me about how a baby gorilla was killed by the big gorilla. She was choking back tears. Lexie knew all the names of the gorillas because she sees them everyday on their zoo walks. Seeing her so sad and hearing such tragic news (even if they are gorillas,) made me start to cry, too. Sweet Lexie said the Kindergarteners made pictures for all the zookeepers because they were all so sad that they didn't want to work yesterday after it happened. You can read about it here:


Lexie's version was so sweet and from the heart. She talked about Rosie, the grandma gorilla, who loved to hold baby Baina and rock her. Lexie was sad to see that Rosie now stands and rocks her arms as if still holding Baina to show she misses her! I thought I would post just because she cares so much, and it obviously affected her, that we should remember baby Baina too.

3 comments:

Nate and Annie said...

How sad! Give Lexie a hug for me!

Summer said...

Poor Lexie! I think I might cry too. She's so sweet and caring!

Anonymous said...

Kids are so sweet aren't they? What a sad story I can only imagine the sadness in lexie's face and emotions.