I bet every parent has had those moments when his or her child gets hurt, but it was entirely preventable if the child had only paid attention to the parent's warning... this is such a time! Lexie fell yesterday while sitting at the table. Almost every meal I ask her not to lean back on her chair. I even explained to her last week that I would be sad if she fell over and hurt herself while tipping back on the chair. So she was sitting up to the table at my mom's house eating lunch, tipping back on her chair as usual (when I wasn't looking, of course.) Then all of a sudden I heard the loud clatter of the chair hitting the floor and my mom gasp and say she'd hit her chin pretty bad. She had tried to lean forward as the chair went back and she split her chin open on the seat as it went back. I cleaned it out and put a butterfly bandage on, but we wanted to get it checked out in case it needed stitches. But because we had out-of-state insurance, we could not get it covered by our insurance. So I spent the next hour or more trying to figure out where to take her. Then when we got to Instacare, I spent the next half hour calling the insurance company because of snags in how they bill things. (Can I say that health insurance is ridiculously out of control?) The nurse disinfected and numbed Lexie's chin and and applied this head wrap...fabulous, isn't it?! She had to let that set for 15 minutes, then the nurse flushed it out with a funnel-syringe thing and prepped it. Luckily, the doctor said Lexie only needed Dermabond (superglue for skin,) instead of stitches. So there is a bright side to this mini-emergency!
Lexie was very brave, and said it only tickled. Then she had a sporty bandaged chin to show, and the doctor let her keep her syringe! (No needle.) When we went home, it was dinner time...do you think Lexie leaned back on her chair? Yes! She didn't learn a thing from the ordeal!!! (Although she's bummed she can't go swimming or get it wet for a week.)



2 comments:
still stylin' with her head wrap and sunglasses, I love it. And the picture at the bottem reminds me so much of YOU. I guess it is just a Bonnie pose and face. :)
i think that is so funny that she went and leaned back on her chair again after all that. kids, can't live with them can't love without them. landon would have done the same thing. melissa
Post a Comment