Sunday, July 13, 2008

World Peace or World War III?

It's now complete...Lexie's room has been transformed into a shared space and has become Lexie and Gavin's room! I painted two walls green and two walls pale yellow last month to tie in colors for either a girl or boy, then Danny built in shelves and drawers in the closet to fit both kids' things in. Danny has been working hard all week framing the basement and has now laid carpet in the two kids' bedrooms and our bedroom. So we are trying to get everything organized and sorted, and I think it might work! I know I complained about sharing a room with my siblings when I was younger, but now that I look back on it, it was good for me. Now my kids get to realize this same blessing and challenge! It will definitely be harder for Lexie, as she is quite particular with her toys and things. I didn't know if it was going to be a continual fight or if they might actually work it out. So far it hasn't been so bad. They have had a few quibbles over items, and Lexie doesn't want Gavin up on her top bunk. But other than that, they have been pretty good natured about it and excited to show all their friends their new setup. Yea!

Lexie has all her stuffed animals and her bed set up the way she likes. She has fun being up on the top bunk.

Gavin's toys all moved in.
Gavin hanging out on his bed. It's like a fort!

0 comments: