Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day


Here are our three patriotic kids! (Or at least dressed for the holiday. They are still a bit oblivious to why we put our hand over our heart and stand for the flag and National Anthem...)
Nicholas even has an outfit for the 4th!

I love the 4th of July. It's a toss up between this and Christmas for my favorite holiday. I have always been very patriotic and love my country, the freedoms we enjoy, and the sacrifices that many brave men and women have made on our behalf. I hope that by keeping traditions each year, my kids will feel joy and have fond memories of celebrating the fundamental beliefs our nation was founded upon. Even though I am in new-baby land, I thought we should get out and celebrate the holiday. So we went to the Ralston City parade. It was a bit long, but fun. The kids caught some candy and saw some entertaining things.

After the parade, our friends Teri and Gary invited us over for a dutch oven dinner. Then they did fireworks with the kids, which they thought was the coolest thing. (You should have heard Lexie squeal with delight!)
Gary lights off "pop" cans for the kids.
Yes, I am out for the first time since coming home! I was a bit worn out after our outings, and didn't make it over to watch the fireworks (that, and I didn't know how to keep Nicholas away from the mosquitos.) Danny and the other two kids went to watch a spectacular display of fireworks viewed from the elementary school down the street. Happy Independence Day!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bon- Bon, I completely understand when you say it is a toss between the 4th of July and Christmas being your favorite holiday. those two are my favorite holiday's and signify the lords love and care for us! Awesome blog, i am excited to keep in touch! Love ya and miss ya!