Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bugs bug us!

One of the cautions we have to take here in Maryland is to avoid the mosquitos and ticks that are prevalent in the area. I have been quite nervous about ticks, and the mosquitos can be bad, so I have been quite liberal with bug spray. On this particular day, I coated the kids heavily before sending them out to play. I do not, however, spray their faces......both kids got mosquito bites on their faces after playing outside in the afternoon. The next morning, Lexie woke up and her eye was swollen shut!

Poor thing! It really made me feel bad to see her eye like this. It took about three days to finally go down all the way. She told us she could see fine, even through the droopy eyelid! Those darned mosquitoes!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor child! I remember you telling us all about it, but a picture paints a thousand words. So sorry. Glad it cleared up with no problems.