Okay, so I haven't made "mix tapes" since 1992, so here is my personal contemplation of my dear husband Danny. It seems this year I have been bad about doing anything special for birthdays, and I missed the boat on Mother's Day completely. But here's a tribute to my guy to make up for it :)
This is Danny in his element. True, this was him 15 years ago, but I think that this is how he feels on the inside. He loves winter, the fresh cold snow whipping over him as he races a snowmobile through the back country and revs the engine or makes the high mark on the mountain. Yes, Danny was bred and fed on power toys, and that is his passion. (And he still scrunches his face the same way in pictures to this day!)
We actually went on snow mobile trips for several years with Danny's family after we were married. We even have matching Lowe Alpine ceramic-technology jackets. I think he tried to turn me into a snow bunny, but since having kids I haven't reached that point yet. Maybe when the kids are bigger we can go out and play in the mountains.

Danny is always a good sport about all my crazy ideas. Yes, I get A LOT of crazy ideas. (The more recent was finishing our basement in our townhouse, and I asked him to make an arched doorway for the kids' playhouse. It was a pain in the you-know-what, and he spent a ton of time on it. Finally, he said, "Why an arch, Bonnie? Why?" And that was all. He honestly tried and put up with it all, and had to just get out that one question!)
The picture I show is our engagement picture session. I had seen a picture of a woman rushing to her man who was riding in on a horse, and the photography was so beautiful and the scene was elegant. This was my great idea for our engagement photos, to be like the magazine. Danny did everything to set it up, complete with horse. And even if it didn't look like the magazine, we did have fun.

Danny and I were best friends before we started dating, even though he will tell you it was all part of his plan. I am so glad that we have always had the friendship first. It has definitely kept the drama low in our lives, and I think we are much better for it. A deep and simple love came from that first friendship.

If Danny knows I like something or enjoy it, he tries to make it happen for me. When he worked at Home Depot when we were first married, he made me this fountain for Christmas. He worked on it a lot to make it just right. The original base was actually tile, too. He did it all because he knew I loved to hear the gurgling flow of fountains indoors.

Danny loves his family. If you are close to him, then you know he will do anything for you if you need him. He always comes through in emergencies and keeps his cool. He will help anyone with his computer-speak abilities, usually on the spot. And we love him so much for the great husband and father he is.

Our own little birthday party for Danny, complete with 33 candles on his favorite Texas Sheet Cake. Happy Birthday, honey!
2 comments:
hey bonnie! your a nice wife! that was cute. love you, hope your life is going well. talk to you soon. melissa
Happy Birthday to Danny!! Sorry we didn't get a chance to sing to you, the Goates version is awesome:)
Post a Comment